Totem Group is part of the Connections Group of Companies and helps organisations plan develop and implement conferences, events, incentives and group travel. Our expertise is in creating tailored, engaging and inspirational programs, delivering clients end to end solutions.
We connect all stakeholders to create well organised yet highly engaging conferences, meetings, launches and events. Our meticulous planning and creative approach ensures an organisation’s key moments will be remembered and delivers a significant return on their investment.
As part of this role you will partner with our clients we help custom design group travel itineraries that are aligned with their objectives, budget and purpose. Our technology of online registrations and travel apps offers groups a seamless and full travel service from the beginning through to the experience in the air and on the ground.
We are an organisation that believes our Values of Passion, Respect, Innovation, Customer Satisfaction and Teamwork are the very spirit and purpose that drive our business. We’re community minded and reward and recognise our people, their development and their achievements.
About The Role
As a Groups Consultant, you pride yourself in delivering exceptional service and have the ability to work under pressure and manage the yearly peaks and troughs that go with the role. While all our positions carry an obvious commitment to accuracy and attention to detail, a Groups Consultant does require a specialist mindset in this regard, however teamwork is as much a part of the role as delivery quality service.
- All travel related to groups and events – including research, obtaining quotes and managing group and individual travel flight arrangements;
- Offer professional advice and suggestions to ensure customer’s expectations are met and exceeded;
- Make all reservations in accordance with the client travel policy;
- Process client requests accurately, in accordance with system and office procedures;
- Eventsair knowledge an advantage, but not essential;
- Liaise / negotiate with suppliers to ensure all details confirmed;
- Collate and distribute registration communication;
- Foster a good relationship with all suppliers ;
- Prepare visas, insurance and other travel advice for clients;
- Ensure tickets, itineraries and documentation are always correct and delivered to the customer on time;
- Financials – budget management and reconciliation post-program;
- Attend client meetings, information evenings and events as required.
- Minimum 2yrs experience in a similar role;
- Experience managing all facets of group logistics;
- Travel management experience is essential, both domestic and international;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Gmail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to thrive in a busy, diverse and challenging work environment;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Very strong organisational skills;
- Very strong customer service ethic;
- Proven ability to be able to think on your feet.
This role will be expected to sometimes work outside of normal business hours.
To apply for this role, please send your resume and a covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.